XII. How To Access And Control Your Personal Information?
You have choices about how to manage your Personal Information and what types of communications you receive from us. Please note that we may have a legal obligation to preserve certain data and that we may need to request information from you in order to confirm your identity. This is to ensure that we can locate relevant data and that your Personal Information is not disclosed to a person who does not have a right to receive it. Except where not permissible under local law, you may be required to pay a fee for the administrative cost of providing you with a copy of your data.
Marketing Communications: You may choose to opt-out of receiving certain email communications from us by using the unsubscribe link email communication you receive from us, visiting the applicable email preference centre, or by contacting us directly.
EU Site Visitors and Customers:
European Privacy Rights: If you reside in the European Economic Area, you may have the right to exercise certain privacy rights available to you under applicable laws. We will process your request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes or to complete transactions that you began prior to requesting any deletion.
- Right not to provide consent or to withdraw consent. We may seek to rely on your consent in order to process certain personal data. Where we do so, you have the right not to provide your consent or to withdraw your consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right of access and/or portability. You may have the right to access the personal data that we hold about you and, in some limited circumstances, have that data provided to you so that you can provide or “port” that data to another provider.
- Right of erasure. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to the erasure of personal data that we hold about you (for example if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected).
- Right to object to processing. You may have the right to request that TaskUs stop processing your personal data and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to rectification. You may have the right to require us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- Right to restrict processing. You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (for example, where you believe that the personal data we hold about you is not accurate or lawfully held).
- Right to lodge a complaint to your local Data Protection Authority. If you are an EEA resident, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data.
Please note that we may have legal or other obligations to preserve certain data which could prevent us from deleting certain data.
California Site Visitors and Customers: In accordance with the requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act, you may have certain rights in relation to your Personal Information.
Your California Privacy Rights: If you are a resident of the State of California, this Privacy Statement is supplemented by our California Privacy Rights Statement which explains your California privacy rights and how you can exercise these rights.
How to Exercise Your Rights
Please identify yourself and specify your request. If you have an existing account with TaskUs, we will use your account information to verify your identity. If not, we will ask you to provide additional verification information. What we request will depend on the nature of your request, how sensitive the information is, and how harmful unauthorized disclosure or deletion would be.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to delete your personal data as required but retain records necessary to comply with a governmental authority or applicable federal, state, or local law. Where legally permitted, we may decline to process requests, including requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, or jeopardize the privacy of others.Privacy Principles
Where TaskUs collects personal information directly from you, it will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide personal information to TaskUs, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before TaskUs uses or discloses the information for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected.
TaskUs will offer You the opportunity to choose (opt in/opt-out) whether your Personal Information is (a) to be disclosed to a non-processor third party, or (b) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by You.
For Sensitive Personal Information, TaskUs will give you the opportunity to affirmatively and explicitly consent (0pt-in) to the disclosure of the information to a non- processor third party or the use of the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. TaskUs will provide you with reasonable mechanisms to exercise their choices. You can modify your information at any time by request, or ask that your information be deleted. You can also request and select to have your information used in a limited way.
Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
TaskUs will use personal Information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by You. TaskUs will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
Recourse, Enforcement and Liability
TaskUs Privacy Office
1650 Independence Drive Suite 100
New Braunfels, Texas 78132
Accountability for Onward Transfer
TaskUs will obtain assurances from third parties that they will safeguard Personal Information consistently with this Policy. Examples of appropriate assurances that may be provided by third parties include: a contract obligating the third party to provide at least the same level of protection as is required by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 the General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”, or being subject to another European Commission adequacy finding (e.g., companies located in Canada). Where TaskUs have knowledge that a Processor is using or disclosing Personal Information in a manner contrary to this Policy, TaskUs will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure.