MAY 5: RETURNING TO THE OFFICE AND INTRODUCING CIRRUS
As we begin to see local governments relax their quarantine and stay-at-home orders, we felt it appropriate to update you regarding our plans for returning to the office. Our number one priority is the health and safety of our frontline teammates. TaskUs moved quickly to enable Work @ Home and we plan to move slowly in our transition back into the office. This would not be possible without your support. Once again, we thank you! Please review the plans below, and respond to us by May 15th.
To ensure the safety of our teammates, TaskUs has decided to implement a minimum of 30 days buffer after each government/state eases the lockdown and approves opening of onsite business operations. For example, if the Philippines re-opens on May 15th, we would not begin the process of moving back onsite until June 15th. These additional 30 days will allow us time to continue to review local data and ensure our teammates only move back into an office when we know it is safe to do so.
Today we are also excited to announce the launch of TaskUs’ permanent Work @ Home platform, Cirrus. Cirrus leverages state of the art VDI technology to enable TaskUs teammates to work securely from their homes. Cirrus offers scalability and flexibility that were not possible from an in-office environment. We expect most of our customers will want to transition back into an office over time, but if you are interested in staying Work @ Home permanently, talk to us about Cirrus. Also, we are recommending that all clients leave approximately 20% of their staff on the Cirrus platform until there is a COVID-19 vaccine, to ensure Business Continuity in the event of a second wave.
As we are finalizing our plans to transition most of our teammates back to our sites, here is a summary of our process:
Our transition process
We will strictly observe physical distancing once we return to our sites. The following actions will be implemented:
- We will resume onsite operations at a reduced capacity (maximum of 50%) to minimize risk to our employees. We will transition teammates one campaign at a time, one site at a time; in small, controlled numbers. As regulations continue to be lifted, we will move additional employees back onsite.
- At-risk employees (over 50, pregnant, and immunocompromised individuals) will remain Work @ Home.
- Onsite support staff will be limited to only essential team members including HR.
Onsite safety guidelines
For teammates who will return to our sites, we will take necessary measures to reduce the risk:
- Controlled return and sanitation process of office-issued equipment
- Workstations will be separated with 6 feet distance in front, behind, and to either side; additional chairs will be removed
- Temperature checks will be conducted prior to entry
- Face masks will be available onsite and required to be worn
- Expanded sanitation and sterilization process and schedule
- No touch access controls and facial scanning
- Strict social distancing/density adherence in common areas
- Posting of signage regarding our guidelines for social distancing, hand washing, and proper hygiene
- Placement of wayfinding floor decals to show one-way traffic areas
We want to hear from you
We are standing by to help in any way we can to accommodate your business requirements. Please contact your Client Services Representative no later than May 15th so we can understand your concerns, feedback, and your level of urgency to return to the office so we can continue to prepare our final action plan.
Your Client Services team will remain in close contact and share updates on specifics of the move-in schedule in the weeks to come.
Thank you for your support.
Chief Customer Officer
TaskUs @ Home
As companies around the globe shift to remote work, the new normal challenges everyone to rethink the way they do business. At TaskUs, we promise to continuously innovate and come up with ridiculously good work solutions.
This is our Work@Home journey.
MARCH 27: ALL TASKUS GLOBAL OPERATIONS MOVING TO WORK-FROM-HOME
We have moved nearly all of our 20,000 global team members to Work-From-Home. The efforts of our teammates, team leaders, operations managers, and support staff in the past two weeks has been #RidiculouslyGood. All this, in an effort to get as much of our business up and online for our clients as possible.
We started where we always start, by taking care of our frontline teammates.
- Immediately upon notice of lockdown in the Philippines and India we sent our teammates home for their safety. In the U.S., Mexico and Greece our leadership team made the decision to proactively send everyone home as of March 20, 2020. As of today nearly all TaskUs teammates are working from home. In the Philippines, we left skeleton staff in place to accommodate teammates who lived near the facility and chose to work under social distancing conditions, and for technology pick-up, distribution and delivery. Our only operation that remains in office is Taiwan, where the pandemic is currently under control.
- We guaranteed full compensation for all our global staff regardless of their ability to work for at least two weeks until we could get them productive from home.
- We provided immediate augmented health benefits to cover COVID-19 testing and hospitalization. We also created a COVID-19 hotline to address our teammates’ concerns.
- Our most sensitive services (Content Moderation, FinTech processing, HIPAA, and Retail PCI) have also shifted securely to the WFH model with client approval. Security features have been expanded to cover our current situation, including VPN testing, 2FA, a reinforced social media policy, and enhanced security agreements.
We are surprised and thankful that our WFH model has not only been approved, but is running smoothly and producing results:
- 90+% of our clients have approved our WFH model with temporary waivers.
- Over 90% of our frontline teammates across the globe are successfully working from home TODAY
- 75% of our South East Asia production capacity is currently back online with a WFH model.
- 100% of our North America, European and India capacity is online and available for WFH.
- We are hiring in all global locations (through virtual interviews) to fulfill growing client demand.
In times of uncertainty and doubt, it’s never just about me, or you—it’s about Us. Now, more than ever, we’re sticking together and you can be assured TaskUs will stay with you all the way through. We will come out stronger. The future is Us.
At TaskUs, the health and safety of our teammates and clients are our top priority and we will continue to do what we have always done best: put people and our client first.
March 18: CLIENTS WITH US OPERATIONS NOTIFICATION
This update applies to TaskUs Clients with TaskUs teammates operating in San Antonio and New Braunfels, regarding the status of our production facilities and your teammates in Texas.
The spread of Coronavirus has continued and there are now 11 confirmed cases in San Antonio. As a result, we have made the decision that all TaskUs teammates in San Antonio and New Braunfels will begin to Work-From-Home by next week, Monday, March 23rd.
The TaskUs team is extremely appreciative of our client’s support this week to prepare work from home solutions in the US. Together we have made great progress and nearly all clients have approved work from home as an option and/or are working with our IT teams to finalize and test their preferred solution.
The process of shifting teammates to Work-From-Home will start today for clients who have approved and will take multiple days to complete. We will start by prioritizing our most at-risk populations – people over 50, people with chronic lung disease and pregnant women – who will all begin to work from home Friday. We deeply appreciate the commitment of our younger and healthier teammates who remain on site for the rest of the week.
We know the services we provide are crucial to your business. While we will likely face challenges in a work from home model, we’ll continue to focus on our core competencies; training, coaching and motivating our teammates to deliver for your customers. Please work with your Client Services leader to articulate any priorities or KPIs which are critical to your business in this new operating environment.
TaskUs Commitment to You and Our Teammates:
- TaskUs will pay all teammates, team leaders, and support staff during this transition period which could last until the end of the weekend, whether they are able to get fully productive and perform work for clients or not.
- Starting Monday, we will pay Teammates as usual based on the time worked under contract and billing will operate per our normal process.
- All Teammates will sign our Telecommuting (Work from Home) Policy and Agreement as required by TaskUs. Signing this form will ensure we have proper policies in place to protect Teammates and our clients in our new Work-From-Home model.
I want to close by thanking our clients for the courage they have shown in allowing us to make this move and their continued commitment to TaskUs during this unique period in history. We hope to emerge better, stronger, more agile and prepared to support our client’s businesses in the future as a result of this experience.
Chief Customer Officer
March 17: EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION REGARDING TEAMMATE WELFARE FROM THE FOUNDERS
In response to today’s news in the Philippines, TaskUs is announcing the following provisions in the event of community quarantine affecting any of our operational facilities.
Health Care & Sick Pay
- TaskUs will cover the cost of COVID-19 testing for all teammates globally.
- Any TaskUs teammate with a confirmed case of COVID-19 will receive two weeks of pay and attendance occurrences will be waived during these two weeks.
- Any TaskUs teammate who is required by a government agency or TaskUs to quarantine themselves as a result of potential exposure to the virus will also receive two weeks’ pay. Absences during these two weeks will not count as attendance occurrences.
- We are working aggressively to shift certain functions and campaigns to Work-From-Home. We will start with support departments whose jobs can be easily shifted and client programs, where clients have allowed us to move to a Work-From-Home model. Certain teammate-facing support departments will need to continue to report to work.
- Not everyone is going to be able to Work-From-Home. So as long as teammates are coming into the office, our Team Leads, Operations Managers, HR, IT, Facilities & Security teams will also be present in the office.
- As long as we are requiring teammates, TLs, OMs and others to come into work, our founders Bryce and Jaspar will personally work from a TaskUs site as often as possible.
- The current consensus of the WHO and CDC is that COVID-19 is most dangerous to people over the age of 50 and those with chronic lung disease. As a result, we are waiving our attendance policy for employees over 50, those with chronic lung disease and pregnant women, from March 16 to April 13. Special arrangements for these teammates have been put in place.
For clarifications on workplace and attendance policies, please reach out to your Client Services team.
MARCH 16 COVID-19 UPDATE: SUSPENSION OF PHILIPPINES OPERATIONS
On March 16th, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte announced the implementation of increased community quarantine measures for the Luzon region of the Philippines where all TaskUs Philippines sites are located. These measures call for strict in-home quarantine and mandate the closure of most businesses. The order requires service providers and businesses to execute work from home where possible or suspend operations.
As a result, TaskUs is moving to reduce staffing in our Philippines operations and work from home where possible.
We are working to send as many teammates home with PCs as possible to enable them to Work-From-Home (WFH). If you have already approved WFH, we are moving forward with those plans. If you have not given approval but would like to, please reach out to your Client Services representative.
Where WFH is not feasible we are working to shift work to our other global locations in North America, Taiwan, India and Greece. However, given the impact of COVID-19 on our other sites, this will only be possible in certain limited circumstances.
Our Client Services team will be in touch throughout the course of today to answer your questions and make every accommodation possible.
At TaskUs, the health and safety of our teammates and clients are our top priority. Like all businesses, we are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Here is a list of the steps we have taken to protect the health of our teammates and the continuity of our client programs.
- We have established clinics in all of our global locations with onsite Nurses Assistants, Nurses and/or Doctors.
- We have begun rolling out mandatory temperature screenings for entry to our sites. Anyone with a fever above 100 degrees fahrenheit or 38 degrees celsius will be immediately sent to a local hospital and will not be permitted to enter a TaskUs location. All TaskUs sites will have these mandatory temperature checks in place on or before Tuesday March 17th.
- We are coordinating with customers and rolling out our global work from home (WFH) operational capability.
- We are expanding possible alternate site (BCP) capabilities for all client programs.
- We are able to provide additional temporary capacity to your business should your in house teams be impacted. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Clients, please reach out to your Client Services representative if you have any additional questions. Teammates please contact your onsite HR leader for additional information.
We will provide additional updates as events unfold. Thank you.
At TaskUs, the health and safety of our teammates and clients are our top priority. Like all businesses, we are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Please read below for summarized information. If you have additional questions, please contact your Client Services Representative or email our Chief Customer Officer at Jarrod@taskus.com.
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
Our Business Continuity Management (BCM) team is leading the response and is in daily contact with the CDC and WHO, federal agencies and other global health organizations to share the most up-to-the-minute information with TaskUs’ Executive Response team. We are taking steps to ensure our actions are comprehensive, appropriate, and transparently communicated internally to our 19,000+ employees.
In connection with guidance provided by global health authorities, we have strengthened our onsite cleanliness measures. These actions include:
● Doubling janitorial staff at all sites in order to increase cleaning and sanitization of our facilities
● Ensuring sufficient levels of soap and hand sanitizer at all sites
● Distribution of sanitizing wipes for employees to wipe down workstations, keyboards and monitors
● Distribution of face masks at all sites
We have also launched a global health awareness and prevention campaign at all sites to advise employees on how to protect themselves and their families from exposure to the coronavirus. The campaign focuses on reducing risk through preventative measures and early symptom recognition to avoid exposure and prevent circulation.
Effective March 17, all TaskUs sites will conduct mandatory temperature screenings for all employees and site visitors prior to entering our facilities. No one will be allowed to enter our sites with a temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or above.
All non-essential business travel has been restricted until further notice, and we are minimizing access to our sites at this time. If you have planned business travel to a TaskUs site, please contact your Client Service representative to discuss alternatives, as we will be reviewing the site visit requests on a case by case basis.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLANNING BY CLIENT:
We have a robust global preparedness plan in place in the event an employee does contract COVID-19, with designated regional crisis management teams who are prepared to execute additional measures for any at-risk locations.
Each client program has a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and the BCM team works closely with Operations, Client Services, and IT to monitor the situation. There are two options that will keep us operational should we have to shut down a location:
Site-to-Site Workforce Shifting
Our business continuity plans already include the ability to transfer teammates between sites in the same region. We have leveraged this in various weather, earthquake and volcano situations in the recent past. We will evaluate this on a case-by-case basis, but we expect quarantine circumstances may render this solution infeasible or only partially feasible. We would like to explore your willingness to accept service from any of our global locations in the U.S., Philippines, Mexico, Taiwan, Greece or India. To enable this, we need to work with your IT organization to white-list applications at multiple sites and your training organization to administer training of teammates in designated BCP locations.
Where possible, the best solution is to move to Work-From-Home operations. To do this will require your legal teams waive certain contractual provisions and will require your IT/Information Security teams to configure and sign off. TaskUs is committed to building a scalable VDI solution for teammates to connect to your work environment from their homes or providing computers for teammates to use from home over a secure VPN connection.
CLIENTS: Please ask your POC to connect with your TaskUs Client Services Leader to put these plans into motion immediately. If you do not know who your Client Service Leader is please email our Chief Customer Officer at Jarrod@taskus.com with the POC from your team CC’d and I will have our CS and IT organization engage with that person.
QUARANTINE MEASURES IN MANILA AND EUROPE:
On the morning of March 12th US time, President Duterte held a press conference to announce further measures to address COVID-19 and lay out a plan for future decisions regarding quarantine.
Key points from Duterte’s press conference:
- Code Red alert is now raised to Sublevel 2, sustained community transmission beyond capacity
- Community quarantine is hereby imposed in the entire of Metro Manila
- Employees living outside of Metro Manila will be able to enter the capital for work. They will be asked to show company IDs along checkpoints with additional measures like disinfection to be implemented.
- Flexible work arrangement encouraged in private sector.
- Private companies, especially those in the service industry, are encouraged to remain operational with additional health and safety measures.
- In other areas, Local Government Units (LGUs) can impose localized quarantine
- Provincial quarantine can be imposed if more than 2 positive COVID-19 cases
- Mass transportation, including trains (MRT, LRT, and Philippine National Railway), and PUVs going in and out of Metro Manila will still be available during this period. Restrictions will be implemented to ensure they comply on the social distancing guidelines.
- Domestic air, sea and land transport suspended from March 15, 2020 (12 midnight) to April 14, 2020, subject to the review of inter-agency task force
- Entry travel restriction imposed to all countries with COVID-19 cases, except for Filipinos and their families, permanent visa holders and diplomats
- Stringent social distancing measures in National Capital Region (NCR) for 30 days
- Suspension of classes in all levels in Metro Manila until April 12, 2020.
- Mass gatherings, planned or spontaneous, will be prohibited
- Close monitoring and reassessment of these regulations after 7 days from today
- Daily meetings of Inter Agency Task Force (IATF) and all relevant agencies
TaskUs response to the partial quarantine
At this time, TaskUs sites are operational and are taking every precautionary measure to ensure the highest level of cleanliness and safety.
● Sites expected to be impacted by the quarantine of Metro Manila include our BGC location (LBL – Lizard Bear Lair) and Quezon City (CHR – Château Ridiculous).
● We are closely monitoring the impact of travel for our teammates into and out of Metro Manila in order to come to work. We expect to see higher than normal absenteeism over the coming days.
● Our prevention and sanitation efforts will continue, and we will accelerate the deployment of temperature scanners to all sites globally Tuesday, March 17.
As a result of the US travel ban from Central Europe, we are in the process of returning all TaskUs US and Philippines employees to their home countries. If they are deemed to be at risk, they will work remotely or in quarantine per CDC, WHO, and local guidelines.